Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dark Days - Week 15

I know other people have felt like they were "cheating" when they use breakfast as their dark days meal, but I am not one of those people.  Maybe if I made bacon and eggs every week and called it good... but I feel as though my breakfast meals have been just as creative as the dinner ones.

This afternoon I came home and made myself quite a meal for lunch... I had just returned home from a two-hour spin class in preparation for a ride I am doing in May (more about that another time), and I was FAMISHED.

I had frozen some of the leftover polenta pancakes last time I made them and threw 2 of them in the toaster while I whipped up more strawberry syrup and an omelet.

Inside two eggs I added: swiss cheese (after buying this for the french onion soup I have found it keeps really well and it very tasty when added to a plethora of dishes and so I keep buying more when I run out!), 1 bison breakfast sausage, onions, mushrooms and one non-local cheat: spinach. 

I just had to have some greens in there, and getting myself to the local farmers market is difficult since I work at the gym Saturdays when it is open.  In May, once the big market on Sundays open, I have no problems... but for now it's a tad difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment